We are seeking talented individuals to work in our Distribution Center for the holiday season, located in Newcastle, Maine.
It is expected of every Renys employee to be willing to step into any role/job at any time, as needed, regardless of job description.
Primarily responsible for processing and maintaining a smooth, day-to-day flow of merchandise (both hardlines and softlines) from the Distribution Center to the retail stores.
This position is paid an hourly wage (generally 40 hours per week, with occasional overtime and some weekends during November and December months)
Warehouse operating hours:
7 AM – 4 PM, Monday – Thursday, and
6:30 AM – 3:30 PM on Friday
- Sorting merchandise (either by piece or by case) from either stacks or pallets, and place it in the appropriate store’s designated freight location.
- Pricing merchandise in accordance with distribution/split sheets, or as otherwise directed.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of trucks and vans, wrapping of pallets, locating and storing of warehoused merchandise.
- Splitting of merchandise in accordance with company Purchase Order.
- Identifying damages and shortages with associated merchandise.
- Locating merchandise within the Distribution Center using current technological devices and procedures.
Upon attaining appropriate qualifications:
- Operate all electrical, hydraulic and mechanical equipment in a safe manner.
- Maintain a clean/safe working environment by picking up loose debris, scrap paper, expended shrink wrap, etc. and placing in designated containers.
- May be required to assist in cleaning, snow removal, mowing, weeding, painting and other manual labor projects.
- Each employee must pass a pre-employment math test, as well as a physical that consists of lifting 50 lbs. five times to their waist and 40 lbs. five times over head, as well as normal checks done during a physical.
- Must operate a variety of mechanical/hydraulic freight handling equipment (company will train).
- Be willing to learn and understand operating procedures and equipment associated with current POS (point-of-sale) systems for picking and locating merchandise within the distribution center.
This position reports directly to the Distribution Center management team for all aspects of job assignment and procedural functions.
- All work is done on your feet, on a concrete floor (no sitting positions).
- You are required to use ladders to retrieve or stack boxes, that may weigh up to 50 lbs, use hand trucks to move freight, weighing up to 300 lbs, and use manual and electric pallet jacks and fork lifts to move pallets, weighing up to 2000 lbs
- The indoor environment is well-lit and basically clean, partially air-conditioned.
- This position requires bending, twisting, stooping, walking and lifting from the floor to overhead.
Maintain a high degree of accuracy, dependability and always display a positive attitude. Do whatever it takes to make each day successful.
Please apply in person at 731 Route 1, Newcastle, ME 04553.
Renys offers Customer Service bonuses, Employee Discounts, Health Insurance, 401k Plan and more!